What's it all about?

40 nights for the orphans of India. My 'Lent in a Tent' is about raising hugely needed funds for 'Shining Faces in India' orphanage in Salem, Tamil Nadhu, by sleeping ouside the Chaplaincy at King's Bruton for 40 nights. My target is at least £10,000 - which amazingly is only enough to feed the hundreds of children there for about two months.

I hope that many might be inspired to trade 40 pounds for my 40 nights. Actually, in the back of my mind I'm convinced that we could smash through the target and go much much further ... I wonder.

Saturday 9 February 2013

'Snakes, fire and rain' ... morning after 3/40

Another cold night, but up and warmed up. Just received a lovely email from Jayaraj, the amazing man who runs the orphanage in India. More about him later but just so you can meet him ... here he is ...

Over there it's not unusual to die sleeping out in the cold - acrually there were a number of deaths just recently in an unusually cold snap in nrthern India.

What that means is Jayaraj IS worried about danger of death in this 'Lent in a Tent venture'. It's not just the cold either ... in his email he asked me, 'Is it safe from snakes, fire and rain?", then goes on 'Thanks for taking so much efforts to raise money for us!'  I'll keep telling him it's all fine, and keep on with the efforts ...

As usual, if you'd like to join me then  click HERE to make a donation

No comments:

Post a Comment