What's it all about?

40 nights for the orphans of India. My 'Lent in a Tent' is about raising hugely needed funds for 'Shining Faces in India' orphanage in Salem, Tamil Nadhu, by sleeping ouside the Chaplaincy at King's Bruton for 40 nights. My target is at least £10,000 - which amazingly is only enough to feed the hundreds of children there for about two months.

I hope that many might be inspired to trade 40 pounds for my 40 nights. Actually, in the back of my mind I'm convinced that we could smash through the target and go much much further ... I wonder.

Sunday 17 February 2013

Return of the Petzl ... after 11/40

Extremely chilly last night ... should have guessed when I saw the gritters out on the roads on the way back from Bath yesterday. My tent's as hard as a boiled sweet and iced up inside and out ...
And here's the boiled sweet in it's context ... over from the Chaplaincy and tucked up against some hedges to give some protection from the wind.
Still, looks like it's to be a beautiful clear day, and all the more bright after the exciting 'return of the Petzl'! No, not some miss-spelt figure-of-eight bakery product making it's way back to the tent, but my trusty head torch you can see in my hand in the picture at the top of the blog. With the mosquito net I posted about on 7/40 it's the third member of a very special little traveling trio ... me, Net and Petzl! Together we can go anywhere and conquer anything!

But Petzl went walkabout and I've been searching for him ever since. Then I forgot to charge my spare torch yesterday and after 5 seconds of dim glow at 10.30ish life went dark. I'd last seen Petzl when he was clinging to my head 3 nights ago, but as he was clinging I drifted off. The little chap obviously took his chance, sprung off my head and hid between pillow and tent! But his prank's over, he's back and we're all happy. I love my Petzl, however little and insignificant he may seem to you!

The children at the orphanage love their little things too. I told you they keep them in shared boxes round their room - and every little thing is precious to them. Giriga even kept a strand of my daughter's hair she found in a brush I'd taken over for her - it was something that formed a bridge between their lives.

So I'm aiming to be thankful for the little things today, and especially thankful for the little ones my Lent in a Tent is all about.

There's a chance for a little click below if you'd like to make a big difference ...




No comments:

Post a Comment