What's it all about?

40 nights for the orphans of India. My 'Lent in a Tent' is about raising hugely needed funds for 'Shining Faces in India' orphanage in Salem, Tamil Nadhu, by sleeping ouside the Chaplaincy at King's Bruton for 40 nights. My target is at least £10,000 - which amazingly is only enough to feed the hundreds of children there for about two months.

I hope that many might be inspired to trade 40 pounds for my 40 nights. Actually, in the back of my mind I'm convinced that we could smash through the target and go much much further ... I wonder.

Friday 8 February 2013

Empty school ... evening of 3/40

What an eerie place my little lawn is now. Half-term's begun and it's only night 3 of 40. Rather easier to bed down outside when there's the bustle and interest of a community around you - not now. 

Biggest thing on my little mind tonight is 'to beard or not to beard'. One lovely old girl (old as in not here at King's any more!) simply said 'BIG NO to the beard ... a few straggley facial hairs was never a good look'! Thanks Jess. I put her right with some comment about being manly enough to do a better job than her young Uni mates, but it left me wondering ...

Problem is, the same Jess had seen me sporting a similar effort on the summit of Mt Toubkal, highest peak in North Africa, which we'd scaled together as part of another King's team raising funds for the children 13,671ft up!

Colleagues here are much keener. Thing is, knowing them I can't be sure they're not just in for a laugh and the chance for some ribbing about the Rev looking like some ex-officio member of ZZ Top.

I favour the pointy one on the right. More thinking on it needed. Problem is, I can't pause the growth so more thinking just translates into more growing ...

News from the team in India is really good.  Full days, little illness, loads of love shared and a real difference being made with the project money they're spending. Very proud of them all.

Please join me in making a difference and click HERE to make a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment