What's it all about?

40 nights for the orphans of India. My 'Lent in a Tent' is about raising hugely needed funds for 'Shining Faces in India' orphanage in Salem, Tamil Nadhu, by sleeping ouside the Chaplaincy at King's Bruton for 40 nights. My target is at least £10,000 - which amazingly is only enough to feed the hundreds of children there for about two months.

I hope that many might be inspired to trade 40 pounds for my 40 nights. Actually, in the back of my mind I'm convinced that we could smash through the target and go much much further ... I wonder.

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Rev's 'Lent in a Tent' - The Plan

Hi all,

Well, 40 nights for the orphans of India are about to begin. My 'Lent in a Tent' is just one way of trying to raise hugely needed funds for the Shining Faces in India orphanage (locally ICMC) in Salem, Tamil Nadhu.

My target is at least £10,000 - which amazingly is only enough to feed the hundreds of children at the main site for about two months - and my hope is that many might be inspired to trade 40 pounds for my 40 nights. Actually, in the back of my mind I'm convinced that we could smash through the target and go much much further ... I wonder.

Donations are being handled through my VirginMoneyGiving page, so you can click HERE to donate now ...

I'd be so thrilled if you'd like to join in and make a donation, but no worries if you're not able to. Maybe just tell others instead and point them where to find me on-line?

Thanks so much for reading ...

Rev

1 comment: