What's it all about?

40 nights for the orphans of India. My 'Lent in a Tent' is about raising hugely needed funds for 'Shining Faces in India' orphanage in Salem, Tamil Nadhu, by sleeping ouside the Chaplaincy at King's Bruton for 40 nights. My target is at least £10,000 - which amazingly is only enough to feed the hundreds of children there for about two months.

I hope that many might be inspired to trade 40 pounds for my 40 nights. Actually, in the back of my mind I'm convinced that we could smash through the target and go much much further ... I wonder.

Sunday 24 February 2013

BBC Radio Somerset and snow! ... after night 18/40

Just a quick moment to show you the early morning view of a snowy tent as the sun begins to lighten this morning's sky.


Pretty chilly one last night, but the sleeping bag is a complete winner. Here's a more general view of my temporary home in what I'd like to call the snowdrifts of Somerset, but really it's just a gentle dusting ... like the grey on my beard ...


Inside my canvas freezer I received a call this morning from no less than Trevor Fry on his 'Sunday Starts' programme for BBC Radio Somerset and Bristol. It was such fun and I wish it could have gone on for longer! I could get used to that kind of thing!

I have a feeling the show will appear on the 'Listen again' section of the BBC Radio Somerset website if you want to listen.

The site can be found at the link below, and the programme was 'Sunday Starts, with Trevor Fry'. The main interview was at 8.20am, and we also had a slot on the news at 8.00am. Click on the show and scan through to to 2hrs 21mins:

(NOT AVAILABLE NOW ... PROGRAMME TAKEN TO ARCHIVE)

As always, if you'd like to make a donation for the children then please use the link below:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment