What's it all about?

40 nights for the orphans of India. My 'Lent in a Tent' is about raising hugely needed funds for 'Shining Faces in India' orphanage in Salem, Tamil Nadhu, by sleeping ouside the Chaplaincy at King's Bruton for 40 nights. My target is at least £10,000 - which amazingly is only enough to feed the hundreds of children there for about two months.

I hope that many might be inspired to trade 40 pounds for my 40 nights. Actually, in the back of my mind I'm convinced that we could smash through the target and go much much further ... I wonder.

Thursday 7 February 2013

Chilly start ... after 1/40

Well there was definitely more than a chill in the air for night one! Really exciting to be under way, though, and to have my first late night visit from Stefan and Ed arriving back at King's from a meeting! Left too late guys ... prepare to be booted out earlier next time.

Being out like that really does help to focus thoughts and I certainly caught myself chatting away to no one about the 'little ones' whose precious lives this little venture will hopefully make a difference to.  Just look at these guys - so full of life and joy playing with some of our Gap Year Team from King's who are serving over at the orphanage for 2 months ...



Every little bit goes a long long way. If you'd like to ...

No comments:

Post a Comment