What's it all about?

40 nights for the orphans of India. My 'Lent in a Tent' is about raising hugely needed funds for 'Shining Faces in India' orphanage in Salem, Tamil Nadhu, by sleeping ouside the Chaplaincy at King's Bruton for 40 nights. My target is at least £10,000 - which amazingly is only enough to feed the hundreds of children there for about two months.

I hope that many might be inspired to trade 40 pounds for my 40 nights. Actually, in the back of my mind I'm convinced that we could smash through the target and go much much further ... I wonder.

Sunday 10 February 2013

No snakes, no fire but rain! ... after 4/40

I'm hearing from India that Jayaraj and the team are following the blog ... greetings to you from England Jayaraj!  No snakes last night, no fire either, but oh yes to rain. It's funny how you don't need much rain on a tent to make it sound like you're living in a drum.

Rain here, though, just doesn't come down like rain over there. We've had lots, and poor people have suffered floods, but over there it comes in deluges the like of which we just don't see. Schools close because it's rained. It's just too dangerous to get around. When it's over you're left with the sky's exhausted breath ...

I remember on one visit it was the year of the terrible monsoon and floods in Mumbai. We had to route through there on our way back to Heathrow and I've never flown through anything like it in my life.  Descending into Mumbai Chatrapati Shivagi airport we were like a leaf in the wind. The landing lights came on and through the window by the screaming engines it looked like we were flying through solid water.

Thanks for reading. As we go on through these 40 nights I'll keep trying to bring you those moments of life-crossings I spoke about in my earlier 'Hidden Worlds' post.

As always, if you'd like to join the effort then please click HERE to make a donation
Rev



No comments:

Post a Comment