What's it all about?

40 nights for the orphans of India. My 'Lent in a Tent' is about raising hugely needed funds for 'Shining Faces in India' orphanage in Salem, Tamil Nadhu, by sleeping ouside the Chaplaincy at King's Bruton for 40 nights. My target is at least £10,000 - which amazingly is only enough to feed the hundreds of children there for about two months.

I hope that many might be inspired to trade 40 pounds for my 40 nights. Actually, in the back of my mind I'm convinced that we could smash through the target and go much much further ... I wonder.

Saturday 9 February 2013

'Beauty' ... evening of 4/40

So I make 4/40 to be 10%.  I know I've only just begun but 10% sounds like rather quite a lot. More than that ... it has a ring of beauty to it, don't you think? 10%. Not sure why, but it just sounds so round.

'Beauty' is a fascinating thing. So subjective, and yet so universal. Is this beauty ... ? It's the main orphanage site.
It's hard to stand on top of a mountain of ever-rising concrete, see this view, and not be flooded inside by a feeling-wave of beauty.

But when it comes to India as a whole, it's either that wave of beauty, or a wave of revulsion. Jayaraj, man-mountain of faith, is under no illusion himself of the reality of his own country - the piles of rubbish, the daily battle with corruption; the cheapness of little lives and the bankruptcy of love.

But ugliness can conceal true beauty no more than cheap clothes can conceal the character of those forced to wear them. If we really look to see, we can't help but be captivated by the breathtaking beauty of the land and people that go by the name 'India'.

Please come and join me in this 40 night venture for the beauty of a nation and people like no other. My tent looks like one with no mates ... a lonely one that's missed the party. Still ... it's home for another night for the sake of the little ones.

Please just click HERE to make a donation and then dream of what your moment might bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment