What's it all about?

40 nights for the orphans of India. My 'Lent in a Tent' is about raising hugely needed funds for 'Shining Faces in India' orphanage in Salem, Tamil Nadhu, by sleeping ouside the Chaplaincy at King's Bruton for 40 nights. My target is at least £10,000 - which amazingly is only enough to feed the hundreds of children there for about two months.

I hope that many might be inspired to trade 40 pounds for my 40 nights. Actually, in the back of my mind I'm convinced that we could smash through the target and go much much further ... I wonder.

Wednesday 6 February 2013

A worried Jayaraj ...

Just heard from Jayaraj who runs the orphanage where our funds will go. He thinks I'm going to die of cold ... quite seriously!  I've explained to him that here in England we're quite used to temperatures he never experiences in Salem ... and that this really isn't a life-threatening venture!

Just shows how deeply concerned he is for everyone else's welfare - he told me our prayers would be enough and that God would provide whatever.  And so He will.  Maybe He plans to do so mightily through this Lent in a Tent?

No comments:

Post a Comment